Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this church/meeting house is the only building still standing on the site where the town of Pickens Courthouse was established in 1828. This meeting house-style brick church was built between 1849 and 1851. The interior contains plaster walls and the original pine floors and unpainted pews of poplar and pine. The adjacent cemetery has over 200 graves dating back to 1790.
Directions: Highway 183 towards Pickens, turn left onto Old Pickens Church Road
GPS Coordinates: 34-48-38 N, 082-55-1 W
- AddressS.C. Route 183, Seneca, SC
- CategoryHistoric Sites
- By scmtnlakes
- Email: email@example.com
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID