Founded in 1805 by General Andrew Pickens, Bethel Presbyterian is the oldest church in continuous use in Oconee County. The current house of worship was built in 1846 and restored in 2002, exposing the hand-hewed beams in the ceiling. The library contains church records dating from 1855 to the present, along with genealogies, church artifacts and a four-volume scrapbook covering 200 years of history. Outside is a cemetery that dates to the founding of the church.
Directions: North of Walhalla of SC Highway 11. Turn right onto LeCroy Road, then left onto Bethel Church Road.
GPS Coordinates: 34-49-50 N, 083-1-45 W
- By scmtnlakes
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theme Settings > Item Pages > Contact > Contact Form ID